Apply to Join the Stanford Pride Board of Directors, or Nominate a Candidate
Apply to join the Stanford Pride Board of Directors – APPLY NOW!
Know someone who is well qualified? Nominate a Candidate!
Deadline: March 31, 2022 @ 11:59 PT
Term: May 1, 2022 – April 30, 2023
Stanford Pride is the LGBTQ+ alumni organization for Stanford University.
Stanford Pride aims to foster meaningful connections among Stanford LGBTQ+ alumni and our campus community of students, faculty, and staff. We create space for and listen to the diversity of voices among us to understand and amplify our shared priorities. Through social, advocacy, and educational events, we create a more inclusive, diverse, equitable, and exciting future for our community at Stanford and beyond.
The Stanford Pride Board of Directors carries out its mission each year by providing meaningful events and programming for its members across the world. We organize a range of activities to bring LGBTQ+ members of the Stanford community together in cities across the US and around the world. In addition to California, we are actively growing chapters in New York, Chicago, Washington DC, Seattle, Texas and beyond to bring meaningful local content and programming to our members.
The Board is a geographically dispersed organization with three in-person meetings during the academic year (May, October/Reunion Homecoming, and February) and monthly conference calls.
Interested students, staff, alums, faculty, and Stanford LGBTQ+ community members are encouraged to apply. We would especially like to hear from those who:
- Have unique insights as members of communities including but not limited to: women, trans and nonbinary, first generation/low-income (FLI), disabled and neurodivergent, and Black, Indigenous, and people of color, as well as current students.
- Have experience working with Stanford staff, faculty, and students.
- Are well-connected to local LGBTQ+ communities, including those at Stanford.
- Demonstrate leadership potential.
- Will represent Stanford Pride in their community.
How to Apply
- Applications are due March 31, 2022 @ 11:59 PT.
- Phone interviews with a current Board Member will occur in early April. Finalists will be invited to a zoom meeting with the full board as a final confirmation of interest and fit.
- Final notifications will take place by the end of April.
- The spring meeting to start the new board year will be held Sat, May 21, 2022, 9 am – 4 pm PT. We expect and encourage new board members to attend.
Board Members hold their position for a one-year term. In this time, they will support the Mission and goals of Pride by:
- Attending events and actively engaging constituency.
- Serving on at least one board committee.
- Attending scheduled monthly board calls and committee-specific calls scheduled as necessary.
- Attending at least two of three annual in-person board meetings/retreats. Attendance at the May meeting (Sat, May 21, 2022, 9 am – 4 pm PT) is expected for new board members. Please note that in-person meetings were held virtually during the pandemic and we will continue to have a virtual option going forward.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with additional questions.