Stanford Pride is holding our annual elections for the Board of Directors. Please apply yourself or refer others to serve on our board, especially those who:
- Have experience working with Stanford staff, faculty, and students
- Are well-connected to local LGBTQ+ communities, including those at Stanford
- Demonstrate leadership potential
- Will represent Stanford Pride in their community
Eligible board members include: alumni, students, staff, faculty, and other members of the Stanford LGBTQ+ community.
How to Apply
- Fill out the brief application form
- Email your resume and a brief cover letter outlining your interest to Allison Martin (email@example.com).
We ask all candidates to submit their application by March 31, 2021.
How to Refer
If you know someone that you think could contribute their lived experienced to the Stanford Pride Board, please refer them to us by emailing Allison Martin (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will reach out to them with information about being a Board Member and how to apply.
Board Members hold their position for a two-year term, May 2021 – April 2023. In this time, they will support the mission and goals of Pride by:
- Attending events and actively engage constituency
- Serving on at least one board committee
- Attending board meetings (monthly; 1 half-day meeting in February, May, and October and 1 one-hour meeting other months) and committee-specific calls scheduled as necessary
Stanford Pride (stanfordpride.org) is the LGBTQ+ club of the Stanford Alumni Association. The board consists of alumni volunteers (primarily) with students, staff & faculty welcome to join the board. Our Mission is to create and foster an affirming community of LGBTQ+ alumni, students, faculty and staff, and to represent the Stanford LGBTQ+ communities to the University and beyond.
A sample of community involvement and events includes:
- We award the Stanford Pride Fellowship each year to 1-2 outstanding undergraduates, allowing them to pursue summer internships serving the LGBTQ community
- Reunion Homecoming event for LGBTQ+ alumni
- Lavender Graduation, an event to celebrate the graduating class of LGBTQ+ students each year
- Culture Club – a quarterly discussion of a book or a movie primarily focusing
on queer people of color
- Inter-generational Discussion: high school students, college students, and
- Community service and professional networking events
- Social gatherings at art galleries, pubs, athletic events, and private homes
- Annual Stanford Pride Ski Trip to Lake Tahoe
- Pride Parades