Stanford Pride Board of Directors – APPLY NOW!
Know someone who is well qualified? Nominate a Candidate!
Deadline: November 10, 2023 @ 11:59 PT
Term: February 1, 2024 – January 31, 2025
Stanford Pride is the LGBTQ+ alumni organization for Stanford University.
Stanford Pride aims to foster meaningful connections among Stanford LGBTQ+ alumni and our campus community of students, faculty, and staff. We create space for and listen to the diversity of voices among us to understand and amplify our shared priorities. Through social, advocacy, and educational events, we create a more inclusive, diverse, equitable, and exciting future for our community at Stanford and beyond.
The Stanford Pride Board of Directors carries out its mission each year by providing meaningful events and programming for its members across the world. We organize a range of activities to bring LGBTQ+ members of the Stanford community together in cities across the US and around the world. In addition to California, we are actively growing chapters in New York, Chicago, Washington DC, Seattle, Texas and beyond to bring meaningful local content and programming to our members.
The Board is a geographically dispersed organization with up to three in-person meetings during the academic year (May, October/Reunion Homecoming, and February) and monthly conference calls.
Interested students, staff, alum, faculty, and Stanford LGBTQ+ community members are encouraged to apply. We would especially like to hear from those who:
- Have unique insights as members of communities including but not limited to: women, trans and nonbinary, first generation/low-income (FLI), disabled and neurodivergent, and Black, Indigenous, and people of color, and current students.
- Have experience working with Stanford staff, faculty, and students.
- Are well-connected to local LGBTQ+ communities, including those at Stanford.
- Demonstrate leadership potential.
- Will represent Stanford Pride in their community.
- Have experience with coordinating and facilitating corporate sponsorships.
How to Apply
- Applications are due November 10, 2023 @ 11:59 PT.
- Phone interviews with a current Board Member will occur in mid-to-late November.
- Finalists will be invited to a zoom meeting with the executive committee as a final confirmation of interest and fit.
- Final notifications will take place by the middle of December.
- The winter meeting to start the new board year will be held February 17, 2024, 9 am – 12pm PT. We expect and encourage new board members to attend.
Board Members hold their position for a one-year term. In this time, they will support the Mission and goals of Pride by:
- Attending events and actively engaging constituency
- Serving on at least one board committee
- Attending scheduled monthly board calls and committee-specific calls scheduled as necessary
- Attending at least two of three annual in-person board meetings/retreats. Attendance at the February 2024 meeting is expected for new board members. Please note that in-person meetings were held virtually during the pandemic and we will continue to have a virtual option going forward.