WHEN: TBD. A 3-day weekend in January or February. We arrive on a Friday and depart on a Monday
WHERE: Lake Tahoe. One or more cabins. Directions and complete instructions will be sent to registered participants. Transportation not provided, but we will put people in touch with each other for carpooling.
COST: Approximately $250 to $400 per person for 3 nights’ accommodation in shared rooms or twin beds, plus a basic provision of food and drinks. Prices go up for extra comfort and privacy. Ask for details. Payment refundable in case of cancellation only if we/you find a replacement. First paid, first served.
RSVP: Contact Claude Baudoin for details, reservations and payment. Partners and friends absolutely welcome, regardless of alma mater.
- The price will vary according to the level of comfort and privacy. Please declare any priorities and willingness to share a room or a bed when you reserve.
- Expect to pay a small extra contribution for shared food, which we will buy on the way (breakfast, sandwich supplies, fruit, and drinks including wine and beer), including our traditional group dinner on Saturday. The food donation is typically $20 but you can adjust it to how much you consumed (non-drinkers, etc.).
- You will provide your own transportation or carpool with others.
- Ski lift tickets are not included, nor do we have any specific deals (some of you can find discounts through employee clubs, SAGA, etc.).
- If you stay only 2 nights (Saturday arrival or Sunday departure), we will still charge you the same price, as that doesn’t decrease our cost to rent the lodge.
- We will request a deposit per person, to be paid 1-2 months prior to the trip to guarantee a space for you. After that, availability will be on a best effort basis. Payment can be made by check, wire transfer, or Paypal. Instructions will be sent to participants.
- The balance, after you have a room assignment and final price, will be due 2-3 weeks prior to the trip.
Whether the snow stays or goes you can enjoy the gorgeous lodges we rent, the fireplaces, the hot tubs, the games, and the company of nice people from multiple generations and genders, even if you don’t ski or snowboard. Act quickly, don’t be shy!