Apply to Join Stanford Pride Board of Directors
Deadline: March 24, 2023 @ 11:59 PT
Term: May 1, 2023 – April 30, 2024
We’re looking for students, staff, alumni, faculty, and Stanford LGBTQ+ community members to help us forge into the future and reenvision how we create more space for the LGBTQ+ alumni and student community. We would especially like to hear from those who:
- Have unique insights as members of communities including but not limited to: women, trans and nonbinary, first generation/low-income (FLI), disabled and neurodivergent, and Black, Indigenous, and people of color, and current students
- Have experience working with Stanford staff, faculty, and students
- Are well-connected to local LGBTQ+ communities, including those at Stanford
- Demonstrate leadership potential
- Will represent Stanford Pride in their community
How to Apply
- Fill out the application form.
- Email your resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Know someone who is well qualified? Nominate a Candidate!
- Applications are due March 24, 2023 @ 11:59 PT.
- Phone interviews with a current Board Member will occur in early April.
- Finalists will be invited to a Zoom meeting with the executive committee as a final confirmation of interest and fit.
- Final notifications will take place by the end of April.
Stanford Pride is hosting its Inaugural Stanford Pride Summit on May 20, 9am-3pm PT in San Francisco, and the spring meeting to start the new board year will be held Sunday, May 21, 2023, 9 am – 12pm PT. New board members should plan to attend both.
Each Board Member holds their position for a one-year term. In this time, they will support the Mission and goals of Pride by:
- Attending events and actively engaging constituency
- Serving on at least one board committee
- Attending scheduled monthly board calls and committee-specific calls scheduled as necessary
- Attending up to three annual in-person board meetings/retreats. Attendance at the May meeting (Sunday, May 21, 2023, 9 am – 12 pm PT) is expected for new board members. Please note that in-person meetings were held virtually during the pandemic and we will continue to have a virtual option going forward.
Questions? Email email@example.com with additional questions.